Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sick Day Activities

It started with a fever and now it has become the flu. Poor guy. Ethan has been at home with me all this week due to being sick. However, he isn't the type to lay around when he doesn't feel well. He will get sick & just keep right on playing. So I have been encouraging "low-energy" playing. Here is what we have been up to this week.....

It first started with $1 pack of stickers I purchased at Walmart. I bought one pack for each of the kids, and pulled out 11x17 construction paper. We wrote each of their names in large letters on their paper, and then I let them create whatever they wanted to do with stickers. Ethan was at the table longer than the other two kids......not typical Ethan behavior. I was at the table doing my own crafting project when I realized what he was doing......



The final product! He must have learned this at school. LOVE!
Later, while we were sitting on the couch trying to rest, we started playing Ethan's new game, WHO SAYS THAT? I will say a commercial's tagline or jingle, and he will tell me to whom it belongs. Well, I can't remember everyone's commercials like him, so I pulled out a piece of paper to make me a cheat sheet. And he LOVED helping me make a list of all of the commercials and their taglines. So, here is one side of our list. It was a great way to have him sit down & rest yet still feed his knowledge-thirsty brain.

Part of my Who Says That? cheat sheet
 
Of course most of the days have been filled with Ethan playing with cars. I gotta say.....I think I'm getting pretty good at my car sounds.....although I still don't compare with daddy, but I'm getting better! But here are a few other low-energy activities that we have been doing this week......


Ethan would use the magnifying glass to look for the animal I was describing. Then, he would put it on the white piece of paper. I would describe the animal with sounds, spelling, what they eat, color, where they live, etc. This was a LONG game.

 
After playing with the Lite Brite the "correct" way, he began to play this game.

 
 Treasure Hunt in our Rice Box

 
 This is typically what he likes to do with the rice....make it rain. This is very calming for Ethan. LOVE OT!!!!

 
 One of my favorite blogs that I follow is LoudMommy. She often reviews Apps for iPad, and she reviewed this program awhile ago. However, we just purchased it for Ethan with iTunes gift cards that we received for Christmas. He LOVES it! It does sounds, patterns, drawing shapes, etc. It is called the Tickle Tap Toddler Pack by zinc Roe, and it was only $3.99. WORTH IT!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. What a remarkable little guy. I loved watching every second. Thanks for sharing him with us.

    ReplyDelete