Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Update to my update....toilet training

You will never believe this......

So, if you remember yesterday, I decided to NOT toilet train Ethan during Christmas vacation, and, instead, work on his independent skills.......brushing teeth, getting dressed, etc. My mind was made up, and I was already starting to plan my next steps......

And then came last night......

After his bath last night, he seemed to be feeling more like himself. He hasn't been feeling well this week. I think he has a stomach bug or something.....not really been himself this week....LOTS of whining & crying. But after his bath, I thought he seemed to be in the clear because he was is such a great mood. As I was starting to get him dressed, he said, "Big boy underwear?".......

Are you kidding me.

So after I asked him several times, in different ways, I was assured that he did indeed want to wear big boy underwear. I explained over & over....IF you wear big boy underwear, THEN you go pee in the toilet. IF you wear a diaper, THEN you pee in your diaper. What do you want to do?.......Big boy underwear.

And here it is.....9:15am......no accidents & he is wearing big boy underwear that he asked for again this morning. I have pulled out all the of the potty training aids, and he is actually enjoying them....his picture strip that helps him learn the sequence, the potty books, etc. He is running a fever again, so he will be at home with me today....which I guess is good, so I can continue to monitor his pottying.....but this is crazy! I JUST decided yesterday that we would put it off a little longer!

OK......I am deciding that I don't want to be a millionaire. :0)

1 comment: