Tuesday, November 29, 2011

"A" is going to Menards......

The week leading up to Thanksgiving, Ethan & I were both very sick. After each of us going to our doctors, we were both told that we had severe sinus infections....awesome. Needless to say, neither of us felt like doing much, so we did a lot of laying around the house & resting. This can cause Ethan to become very restless, so I was trying my best to keep our toys & games as fresh & exciting as one can when being sick.

One morning, I was laying on the couch....sick as could be......while Ethan began putting together his big ABC floor puzzle. As his norm, he took one piece at a time....in ABC order.....from one side of the living room to the other. As he was doing this, he would say the letter as well as the corresponding picture. This is a typical & recurring game at our house. So, in order to keep things fun & interesting, I began to ask Ethan questions about his letter puzzle pieces....which was risky because it interrupted his game. Sometimes doing this can be wonderful & he loves it....other times he will get very upset with me. This time.....I was lucky......

He would say, "A. A is for Alligator." As he started to move his piece to the other side of the room, I asked him, "Where is A going?" He stopped dead in his tracks, turned, looked at me, and then smiled. "MENARD'S!" he said while jumping once. So, I responded, "Menard's? What is he going to get at Menard's?" Again.....another smile......"A Menard's Bear!" (a toy my mom recently got for him). As we both laughed, Ethan placed the puzzle piece where he first intended for it to land. Then, he went to get "B". As he picked it up, he looked at me right away....ready to play this game with each letter. It was so fun, and Ethan's smile never faded. Eventually, as he does, I was worked out of the game, and he would say this, "Where is A going, Ethan? To Menard's! What's he gonna get, Ethan? A Menard's bear!" This game entertained Ethan all morning.....and I was able to still rest on the couch! YEA!

However, I did have to grab a pen & paper in order to write down all he was inventing. So.....here is where all of the letters went....and what they all bought or did.....all original Ethan....LOVE IT!

A - Menard's - Menard's bear
B - Kmart - Books
C - McDonalds - Chicken Nuggets & French Fries
D - Taco Bell - Taco
E - Walgreens - Diapers
F - Casey's - a Drink
G - Burger King - Chicken Nuggets & French Fries
H - Subway - Meatballs & Cheetos
I - All State - Lightening McQueen
J - His Cousin's School - To give his cousin a hug
K - Ethan's School - To play with castle, boat & circus
L - Home - To play with the barn
M - Verizon - To play with crayons
N - Big Lots - To get a cart & diapers

O - Z - These were generally repeats of the above

It was so cute! Ethan has always loved logos & commercials.....and I guess this was a great way for him to play with his letters & logos.....a match made in heaven! LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Letter J is definitely my favorite! I was surprised none of the letters went to Steak and Shake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Megan! I kept waiting for Steak & Shake to come up, but it never did! He must have had his fill at Halloween.

    ReplyDelete