Friday, November 4, 2011

A Cute Story

I just "woke" Ethan up from his nap. Why the quotes? Because he wasn't sleeping....he was singing "I Wish You Well" song from school....super cute. So, when I went into his room, I "crashed" on his bed next to him. Here is the conversation that followed......

Me: Ethan, what are you doing?
Ethan: Up or Down (while pointing up & down)? UP!
Me: You want to get up?
Ethan: Yes!
Me: Noooooo.....you want to snuggle with Mommy!

Then, Ethan gets a big smile on his face as he lays back down. Then, I wrap my arm around his legs & hug them while saying, "snuggle, snuggle, snuggle...."

Then I hear this.....

Ethan: Step One.....Snuggle with Mommy. Step One COMPLETE! Now, step two. Get up.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh that kid cracks me up!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Extra Note: My husband started using "Step One, Step Two, Step Three..." from the Disney cartoon Special Agent OSO. Ethan loves the show & has started having less anxiety about doing things he doesn't want to do when we use this format. And, now, Ethan is creating his own steps....it's so funny!

1 comment: