Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Blessed Week - Monday & Tuesday

As I mentioned earlier, last week was one that I will remember always. It started out really rough, but turned out to be one of the best weeks ever. To read about Sunday, click here.

Monday night, I hosted a Thirty-One Party fundraiser for our July Walk With Me Team for Easter Seals. It was a last minute idea, but my friends came in support even with the last minute notification! Several of my friends who couldn't make it placed online orders which helped us raise more money for our team! The fundraising it done in a bracket type fashion. For example, if your party spends $100- $300, you earn $15 for your charity. (NOTE: These are not actual figures, just an example to explain how it works.) Our party raised $55 for our team! It was so wonderful to have an evening with my friends, indulge in a little girl talk with coffee & dessert, and raise money for Easter Seals! I was overwhelmed by my friends charitable-ness....is that a word? THANKS to everyone who bought a cute bag & donated to charity at the same time!!!

Then, Tuesday came....and so did another NEPHEW!!!! I received a text that morning that our family was blessed with another baby boy! So, now I am a VERY PROUD aunt to 7 nephews & 2 nieces!!! I love that we have a large family, and Ethan has so many cousins!!! We are so blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment