|Here is how this room looked before we started. We sold a lot of this stuff to fund our renovation!|
|And here is how it looks today.|
|Wall #2 - This wall will house most of our play area. I'm still brainstorming how it needs to be set up. This space will also host our swing that will hang from the ceiling.|
|Wall #2 and #3 - This is where I'm planning on showcasing kid artwork.|
|Wall #3 - This wall will hold our boards - magnetic, felt, write on/wipe off...|
|Wall #4 - I love this wall. These windows are HUGE, and they look out to our backyard. We currently have a few spare sheets working as curtains. This space will be our messy area. I would like to have a large table in this space.|
We still have a long ways to go, but it has been really nice being able to USE the area now....it's no longer a construction zone. But here are a few things I'm working on for the basement....
1. Curtains - I have purchased king sized sheets in 2 colors, and I am currently making curtains for our large window.
2. Swing - My husband is currently making a swing to put in our basement. It will look something like this....http://playathomemom3.blogspot.com/2011/07/diy-sensory-swing.html.
3. Because we are still unsure if our water issues are solved, we will not be adding walls/carpet just yet. So, I have discovered that duct tape is great for hanging things on these basement walls. And have you seen all of the colors & designs that they have out now?! I will be using LOTS of duct tape in this room!
4. Crash pad - I am wanting to give Ethan a space where he can flop & crash because he LOVES to do it. I am thinking of putting tumbling mats on the walls/floors of that area & loading it with bean bags/pillows. I also think it would be nice to make this same space a reading area & give it a canopy of some type. Still thinking.....
5. Activity Table - We have been tossing around a few ideas, but we definitely know that we are either going to make our own or alter an existing table to fit our needs. We want to have a space large enough to do playdough, but also have drop down places for our rice box/water play/light play/etc. I'm thinking something like this....http://playathomemom3.blogspot.com/2011/10/sensory-bintableplay.html.