Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine Bath Stickers

I love holidays....all of them. As part of celebrating each holiday, I decorate our home with all things that fit that holiday's theme. At Christmas, I had some leftover window clings, so I gave them to Ethan to use in his bath. Now it has become another spot for us to incorporate our holidays. So, this past month, Ethan has been using his fine motor skills to peel & stick these window clings in his bath. The best part??? We can use them over & over again!!! It's also really great because we can talk about the meaning of the particular holiday. Because of the calming effect of the water play, he is more apt to "soak up" new knowledge during this time. These stickers are also great to incorporate storytelling. During January, we used ice skaters, snowmen & snowflakes to make up stories about playing in the snow. Love these stickers!!!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
 
 


And, of course, his new favorite bath toy....glow sticks!

We found these water resistant glowing cubes at Walmart.

2 comments:

  1. So cool!!!!! i want some glow cubes now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got them in the craft department at Walmart. They were $8 for a pack of 4....more than I usually want to spend, but they have lasted a long time. I can put them in balloons & let them float in the bath water...I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete