Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thank You PBS.....and Uncle Chris!

This video came to me via my brother-in-law, Corey's brother, Ethan's Uncle Chris. During their kids' ice hockey practice last night, Chris was telling my sister that the PBS show Arthur did an episode explaining about Asperger Syndrome. He also told her that his 3 eldest kids were glued to the TV during this episode because they knew that it was similar to what Ethan has.....and I LOVE THAT!!!!!

So this morning, I found the episode on PBS's website, and I watched it. The show did a WONDERFUL job of explaining as well as showing the positives & the challenges of having Autism Spectrum Disorder. If you are wanting to start a conversation with some youngsters about ASD, this would be a great way to introduce the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment