Friday, February 24, 2012

Playroom Project...Step Two Complete!

Here is what we accomplished this week on the basement...soon to be sensory playroom....

Here is how it looked at the beginning of the week. Last week, we removed the drop ceiling.


I had a day off this week, so I began tearing down paneling. I was pleasantly surprised to find Styrofoam insulation behind the walls. This was something we were going to buy & install, but now we don't need to! YEAH!

My mom came over one night, and Corey & I both worked on removing the paneling. This picture is a bit blurry, but my husband is pretending that he is about to break this board with his knee. Yea, I married a ninja.

And here is what it looks like now. The drop ceiling AND the paneling are now removed. I'm not really sure what the next step is going to be, but I'm thinking it will either be running new gas lines (for our donated fireplace....thanks Grandpa Wolfe!) or addressing some water damaged spots that we discovered. These are both projects that will involve my husband, so it may take some time to get to it. But we have done a TON in two weeks!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment