Saturday, February 18, 2012

You Got Flowers For Me?!

The other day, I came home from a meeting, and my husband had bought me flowers....so sweet. But I think Ethan was the most excited! You see, Daddy AND ETHAN went to the store to get me flowers. So, when I walked in the front door, Ethan comes running up to me, and says, "Mommy got flowers for Ethan!" He was so excited, but I couldn't figure out what he was talking about....because I didn't come home with anything that looked like a flower?

Once I walked into the house, THEN I realized that Ethan got flowers for Mommy. I jumped on this chance to work on our THANK YOU - YOU'RE WELCOME turn taking that we have been trying to get him to understand. He seems to be getting the turn taking, but he will occasionally still say, "SAY You're Welcome"...instead of just, "You're Welcome"....but we are getting there. He was so excited.....so then I was excited.....and we played this "game" for the rest of the night. We did take a few breaks, but then he would ask to play the "flower game" again....and we would. I love this kid!!! Here's a video of us playing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment