Monday, February 27, 2012

Goodbye Winter?

Several of my friends have had a difficult winter dealing with sickness....and we have too. Someone in our family has been sick since October 2011. It just hasn't gotten cold enough this winter to get rid of the germs, I guess. Severe sinus infections, flu, pink eye, bad coughing and strep throat have set up camp in our house this winter, and I'm so ready to kick them out of the house. In fact, as I'm typing this, I am dealing with sinus stuff & really bad nausea. So no coffee today...just Pepto. :0(

I was able to manage taking Ethan to school today....who is on medicine for sinus junk too.....and when I came home, I saw a beautiful sight.......signs of Spring!!!! I am praying that the end of our sickness season is coming to a close. I am tired of missing opportunities for Ethan to socialize, to learn, to play, and to be a kid! We have missed several birthday parties, many church events, and lots of our typical weekly activities.....like visiting the library & playgroup. So, as I sit here & listen to the birds outside, I am filled with hope! Maybe our days of being ill are going to be gone soon!

Last week, I talked about how having Ethan socialize is difficult for me to watch. BUT...NOT being able to socialize is even HARDER!!!!!! I see all of these missed opportunities, and it makes me sad because maybe something would have helped Ethan during that birthday party or maybe something would have clicked for Ethan during that day at school. UGH! So....seeing signs of spring is really lifting my spirits!!!! COME ON SPRING!!!!! LET'S KICK THE SICKNESS OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm tired of missing opportunities!


COME ON SPRING!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment